Slider

Blaze the Stroller and a Summer Walk...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summertime, and the heat wave has finally been giving us breaks... Along with the baby girl giving us longer stretches of contentment... and we have a new double stroller I got from Joe's and my families for my birthday that needs breaking in.

I've dubbed the stroller Blaze... (we name a lot of things 'round here... Cars, plants, etc.).

And I've fallen completely in love with Blaze. So has Lucy, actually. The first two times I took her and Noah out in it, she was fussy--- because it was the time in her life when she was ALWAYS fussy-- but within two blocks of walking, each time she'd clam up, chill out, and ultimately fall asleep.

AWESOME.

Nowadays, with her being happier and less sleepy, we just enjoy taking her out and letting her see the wide world. She still loves Blaze... and Noah enjoys it, too.

Here, one of our evening Family Walks, in photographs.

"It's dangerous business, walking out your front door...." -Tolkien

Photobucket

We don't try to impress anyone... it's strictly "come as you are".... and I, of course, AM GORGEOUS:

Photobucket

(or I look like I'm in radiation treatments... But hey.... the real estate signs don't lie, right?)

My handsome hubby--- Daddy Chauffeur:
Photobucket

The passengers, enjoying the comforts of Blaze:
Photobucket

(Accessorizing: Noah has a telescope... Lucy has a CRAZY BIG smile.)

The School That is No More--our house gave us front row seats to the demolition that happened on this plot of land:
Photobucket

The radiation patient and the Daddy Chauffeur:
Photobucket

Photobucket

On the left- Noah is obsessed with all signs with the "no" circle on it--- the red slash, etc. He has to know what all of them are telling us not to do.
On the right- our intended destination this evening... a shabby little Quick Stop..
Photobucket

Specifically, the Blue Bunny ice cream cooler at the Quick Stop:
Photobucket

Noah's choice:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Strolling back home... I've always liked this fire house:
Photobucket

And Noah likes to pull his Blaze canopy ALLLLL the way over, like a turtle shell....While mom likes to photograph the incongruity of a random piece of weave on the sidewalk.
Photobucket

(Yeah. Gross.)

And so. Evening strolls. Blaze the stroller. Ice cream. Weave. 

A good evening to be had by all. 

The End.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE! this post! Yay for immortalizing the everyday ordinary moments that make-up life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times!

    So, what is Blaze? Is it a he or a she? Whatever 'it' is, it looks pretty comfie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stef, it's a "baby jogger", the City Mini double. LOVE it! http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_dbl_dtl.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weave was a total surprise! I can't STOP laughing!! So random! Who just drops their weave?

    Ok...I really loved this post! One of my favorite memories as a child was walking to Kmart to get nachos! Love that you walk to get ice cream!

    Love the accesorized pictures of the kids in the stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you AREN'T a radiation patient (right? ;) and that Blaze got a workout while you enjoyed some beautiful weather before Hades descended once again (100 degrees? in Sept? Really? Recess was rarely so, just, blech...)

    The crazy big grin is awesome! The Blue Bunny is likewise awesomeness. The weave is a different kind of awesomeness (the "are you kidding me" kind).

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy's smile is insane, and I love it with all of my heart!! So sad that the school is gone!!! Why!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those ice creams, we call them iceburgers where I am from!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan